This made my day.
Warning: Ang mababasa mo sa ibaba ay walang katuturan lalo na kung di mo ako kilala. Mas maiging huwag ng magpatuloy.
Wow naman, pagkatapos ng mga series of Thought Catalog posts ko, sa wakas may naisulat na rin akong hindi reposted lang. Bakit kamo? Yung pinakakahintay kong araw ay dumating na: ang i-evaluate ako ng boss ko. Sa wakas, after nine long months, may evaluation na ring nangyari. Sabi pa ng boss ko, para daw sa alignment ng position ko yung gagawing evaluation. Hindi ko alam kung malulungkot o masisiyahan ako sa sinabi niya.
Sa totoo lang, nitong mga huling araw, mahirap sa akin ang bumangon tuwing umaga. Binibilang ko kung ilang oras ako natulog; sakto naman. On the average ay mga six to seven hours per night. Pero how come ganon yung feeling ko every morning? Yun pala, unti-unti na akong nilalamon nung sinasabi nilang “lack of motivation“. Oo, parang demotivated akong pumasok every effing day. Naiisip ko kasi, ano na naman yung gagawin ko sa opisina neto? Mahirap ang magkunwari-kunwariang busy ako kahit hindi naman. Mahirap ang magkunwaring hindi ko binibilang ang oras bago sumapit ang alas singko. Yun ang pinakakaabangan kong oras araw-araw. Nakakaumay na.
May pinapagawa naman sa akin, pero kaya ko silang tapusin sa loob lang ng isa o dalawang oras. Oo, may term para dito eh. Underload ata yun. Nakakainis lang kasi wala akong magawa. Nahihiya naman akong i-approach ang boss ko dahil una: baka kung anong sabihin ng mga kasama ko at pangalawa: nahihiya lang talaga ako. Nahihirapan akong i-approach ang mga kasamahan ko sa totoo lang. May isang project kami na naka-assign dun sa isang kaopisina ko pero may indirect involvement ako. Minsan, nag-conduct kami ng satisfaction survey at marami ang nagsabing hindi epektibo ang naturang project. Kaya nag-search ako sa internet kung paanong mai-improve ang serbisyong binibigay nung project. Sinabihan ko ang kaopisina ko tungkol sa na-search ko pero parang wala lang sa kanya. Sabi niya, di lang daw talaga makaintindi yung mga empleyado kung paano gagamitin yung program. Ang sa akin lang naman, the project has been running for nine months already, pero negative feedback pa rin ang natatanggap namin at klaro namang hindi effective yung project. Baka naman may something wrong diba? Pero wala, ayaw niyang makinig. Baka siguro natatapakan ko yung ego niya. Naman, di porket mas mataas ang position niya sa akin at mas matagal na sa kumpanya eh hindi na siya tatanggap ng mga suggestions. Kaya kami palaging napapagalitan nung senior officers eh kasi di kami innovative mag-isip.
Nung Friday, matagal kaming nakauwi dahil may pa-meeting pa siyang nalalaman. Nag-suggest akong baka pwedeng ganito, pwedeng ganyan. Sabi niya, ‘Sige, solve ako dyan sa suggestion mo‘. Pero saan na yung action mo? Sa tuwing lumalapit ako sa desk mo simula nung Martes, parati ka na lang may ginagawa sa computer mo. Parang ang busy-busy mo. Haaaist. Pwede bang ilagay sa tamang lugar yang ego mo? Dontcha worry, di naman kita papalitan sa trabaho mo. Pramis, wala ako ni katiting na intensyong palitan ka.
Nahihiya na talaga ako sa boss ko. Nahihiya ako sa binigay niyang above average rating, maliban sa attendance. Solve ako dun. Di ko naman maitatanggi yun. Pero ha, malaking improvement na ito dahil sa loob ng siyam na buwang nandito ako, isang memo pa lang ang natatanggap ko.
Ayan, as usual, di ko na naman alam kung paano tatapusin ang post ko. Kaya gaya nung kanta nung Parokya ni Edgar, bigla na lang akong mawawala.
6. Feel entitled to being crappy because these people will continue to put up with you anyway, right?
I mean after all, they’re your friends so they’ve got no choice but to put up with your unappealing ways. It doesn’t matter how many times you bail on ‘em, speak and act pessimistically or anything like that – you’ve already got the title of friend. This isn’t the first date; there’s nobody worth hiding your crappy ways from, or trying to impress. You’ve established that you’re friends, so now they’ll all accept your actions… Until they don’t and you’re eating pudding at a table — alone.
via Thought Catalog
As we move forward into adulthood, we make weightier choices based on what’s best for ourselves, oftentimes discounting anyone else’s opinion. We try desperately to piece together a semblance of the world we imagined adulthood would be like; a world in which not everyone fits. Suddenly, our friends are those we end up needing when the timing’s right. You reach toward someone who’s kind when you crave reassurance; someone unapologetic when you feel you’ve been careless; and someone more cynical than yourself when you’re discouraged by bad luck. Slowly we discern which people make us feel best and let go of those that only negate the progress we’ve made or the person we want to be.
Losing a friend can be heartbreaking or it can happen unknowingly. Many people I talked to about friendship – aged 24 to 61 – had either begun to funnel or finished funneling the friendships they’d gathered since childhood. A couple college graduates live with their best friends from high school and see their college buddies regularly; while a father keeps up with the men he plays basketball with and typically makes dinner plans with his children’s friends’ parents. And I wonder: What happened to his high school best friend-turned roommate?
Growing up, we tie ourselves to a BFF, believe in making new friends while keeping the old, and lean on adages from the likes of Ralph Waldo Emerson: “The one way to have a friend is to be one.” But at a certain point, we no longer have the bandwidth to maintain every meaningful relationship, and the once tried and true tenets of friendship fall short of expectations. If possible, a lesson in the evolution and dissolution of friendships ought to be taught earlier and with more honesty; knowing others endure similar transitions, it’d be less terrifying. But maybe, like many of life’s other harships, this is just one of those things we come to understand solely through experience.
Excerpt from policymic
1. People change. This is so obvious but it’s the leading cause of friendship death in your twenties so we must acknowledge it. You don’t know who you are at the age of twenty but you gravitate towards who makes the most sense in that moment. Then, as you get more of a handle on yourself and what kinds of people you actually want to surround yourself with, you make necessary changes. You cut the fat. You bid farewell to those who no longer fit. This is perhaps the hardest kind of friendship loss to weather because there’s no one to blame. You both just grew into different people. And when there’s no place to pinpoint blame, the heartache can last longer.
3. You get into a gnarly fight and you let too much time pass. Fighting with friends in college and high school was usually NBD because you’d be forced to see each other at school and make up. After you graduate, however, you’re not forced to see anyone you don’t want to so if you’re not interested in reconciling, it won’t happen. And then all of a sudden it’ll be a year and you’ll regret not putting yourself out there and making amends. Now it’s too late, too much has gone since you’ve been friends, and restarting it would be awkward.
via Thought Catalog
Something you don’t expect, though, is a very important and valuable friendship coming to an end. I mean, on a basic level, you get that friendships fade and people outgrow each other but it’s sort of like getting in a drunk driving accident or having someone close to you die: it’s something you hear about all the time but you never expect it to happen to you.
I understand that it’s more complicated than that. Like a relationship, friendships end for myriad reasons. Still, I can’t help but ignore the logic and feel the purest level of rejection.
via Thought Catalog
You may have noticed some of my posts were excerpts from Thought Catalog articles. I have been following the website for quite some time now. So here’s another excerpt from a recent article entitled 25 Things I Am Still Learning at 25. Very timely article; I just turned 25 last March! Hahaha.
3. People will change. And they will change their minds, change their minds, and change their minds again. Yes, time and time again, people will change and not just their minds. Sometimes, they’d change their attitude towards you.
4. You will change. And you will change your mind, change your mind, and change your mind again. Once you start to accept the things that are happening to you, you will soon discover that changing your mind will be the best arsenal that you can have. No need to linger on bad relationships just because of the memories you’ve shared.
7. Keep your escape routes near and dear. Don’t share them too often, or too soon. Not until it’s time. Honestly, I don’t have a planned escape route right now. I wanted to make some changes in my life, but I dunno where to start.
12. Sometimes you have to lose the things you care about along the way. This may only be for a season. But sometimes, they may not just be for a season.
18. Not only is it okay to be selfish when it comes to your own wellbeing, being selfish is vital when it comes to your own wellbeing. I learned this the hard way. Many years back, I was caught between that thin line between love and friendship. I chose the former, and decided that it was high time for me to think about what I feel rather than what others think.
20. It’s okay to run. Just be sure you are running into the light, and that the light is not a train. Remind me to think of this in my darkest times.
23. The greatest lessons in life are only learned the hard way. Yeah, the HARD WAY.
25. Life is not a race. Keep a steady pace so you won’t miss out on the magnificent beauty that is waiting for you around each and every corner. I sometimes catch myself feeling envious after browsing my Facebook newsfeed. I have seen a classmate from highschool who went to England just a week ago, after visiting Paris. How can others seem so successful while I remain here feeling stagnant in all aspects of my life? I have pondered on this for many nights, and the answer came to me. If I am gonna waste my time basing my concept of success to their successes, then I guess I am in for a rough life. My perspective has changed when I read this.
But the reality of everyone’s life is that we all have to endure pain in one way or the other. Of course, no one likes to bring that up when they run into their friends at parties. We smile and we laugh and we tell you that life is wonderful or at least alright, even when we might be dying inside, even when we feel like our lives are completely falling apart. If you are perceptive, you know that no matter how wonderful life is, even when life’s struggles are beautiful, this life that is a gift is still a life full of problems.
via Thought Catalog
Dear Mr. Pip,
I am writing to inform you of my resignation effective immediately. The three months I have spent working for you have been a colossal waste of my time, and I see no reason to continue.
Your business is the most poorly run software company I can imagine, and it is absolutely amazing that it continues to hang on.
Please send my final paycheck to my home address.
This totally made my Monday. HAHAHAHA!
Himala at nabigyan ako ng task kanina ni bossing. Pagkatapos ng short briefing sa kung anong dapat gawin, aba eh sumegway na ako sa leave ko bukas.
Ako: Ahm Sir, pwede ko maka-leave ugma?
Boss: Asa man ka muadto?
Ako: Mag-attend kog kasal Sir.
Boss: Kaslon na ka?
Ako: Aw, dili pa Sir ui. Wala pa koy groom.
Boss: Kinsa man ang kaslon.
Ako: Igsoon nako Sir.
Boss: Aw sige. Abi kog ikaw ang kaslon.
Pero, iba yung naiisip kong magiging takbo ng conversation namin ni boss. Na-imagine ko siyang parang ganito:
Ako: Sir, pwede ko mag-leave ugma? Kasal man gud sa akoang igsoon.
Sir: Pwede forever na ka mag-leave? Ayaw nag report ug balik.
HAHAHAHA. So much for the retrenchment and redundancy issues sa kumpanyang ito. Pati ako napa-praning! Hahaha!
Okay pa sa alright ang simula ng araw na ito! Una, hindi ako na late. As in may time pa mag-almusal sa nearby karinderya. Pangalawa, habang kumakain ako, wala masyadong tao kaya hindi ako masyadong nagmadali. Kahit naman longganisa lang ang ulam ko gusto ko naman siyang i-feel. And the last but not the least (it is even the best thing that ever happened to me in weeks!), may Gmail, WordPress, Blogspot, Tumblr, Facebook, Plurk, at maraming iba pa na ako!!! Thank you Gryd for your computer skills! Hahaha.